Sunday, January 4, 2015

OCC Lip Tar Test Tube x3 Set Review, Picures, and Swatches

Hey guys! I'm here today to review the OCC Lip Tar Test Tube Set in Pink Prism. This product comes with 3 mini tubes of Lip Tar and a mini lip brush. A full size lip tar contains .33 fl oz and the three deluxe size samples come with .08 fl oz. Now, I know that sounds like there is barely anything in there compared to the full size, but you barely have to use any product to fill in your lips. There is no way I'll be able to finish one of my full size ones, so maybe I won't waste one of these babies! Anyway, the three colors that come in this pack are Pretty Boy, Lovecraft, and the primer. Pretty boy is claimed to be a matte fuchsia, but when it dries, there is still a sheen there. That doesn't bother me at all to be honest, the color stays there all day. Really. All day. It lasted through eating, drinking, touching my mouth all day. It's amazing. This would be the one that I would use up completely. Lovecraft is a metallic blue based pink. And man, it has some shimmer. Since it's honesty hour, I would never wear this by itself. It sinks into fine lines, shows everything you don't want to show on your lips, and slides everywhere. I was really sad because the color is so so pretty.

 But the great thing about lip tars and that you can mix them. They come in squeeze tubes with very small openings so it is very easy to control how much you want to squeeze out. So when mixed Lovecraft with Pretty Boy it created a light pink with a little bit of shimmer. It almost looked like Pink Nouveau lipstick from MAC. And lastly, the primer is the same consistency as the lip tars, which is somewhat of a semi thick lip gloss. You are supposed to apply this before your colored lip tar so it will last longer, but I really do not think it does anything. I tried it with regular lipsticks too,  and it just makes everything a goopy mess. But I guess it would work well as a regular clear gloss on top of lipsticks as well. I really loved this set and thought it was a great deal. I just might have to but all the other ones also. If you would like to try this, you can for $19 here.












Lovecraft

Mixed
Pretty Boy

Thanks for reading!

Disclaimer - This product was not sent to me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment